Midrand. The Motorsport Festival at Kyalami, scheduled from the 21st until the 23rd of October promises to be a spectacular event.
This first race meeting to be hosted at the extensively revised and revamped Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit and International Convention Centre, is expected to draw over 300 entries, making this event the biggest motorsport event at Kyalami – ever!
This Motorsport South Africa (MSA) sanctioned event, incorporating the Extreme Festival and the DEOD Super GP Champions Trophy, will include the Sasol Global Touring Cars (GTC) Championship, V8 Supercars and V8 Masters, National, G & H Transport Extreme Supercars, Engen Volkswagen Cup and Investchem Formula 1600 race series.
Spectators can expect a thrilling line-up of local racing talent as the various categories do battle for the chequered flag. Improved spectator areas will ensure that visitors enjoy fantastic opportunities to see the racers in action.
Entry for adults is priced at R 150 per day or R 250 for both days. Children under 12 years of age will enjoy free access. Hospitality packages and early-bird discounts are also available. Tickets are limited, visit www.kyalamigrandprixcircuit.com and click on the Computicket link, to ensure that you and your family are part of this historic event.
For true motorsport enthusiasts, this event is definitely not one you would want to miss. The current layout of the new track is set to deliver some great driving and the spectator value seems to be the best our country has ever had. The new facilities can rival that of some major international raceways and the infrastructure in place is without a doubt on par with the best.
All that has been put in to this track and event has the recipe to be the best motorsport event in South Africa in the last 20 years.
(Please note that if you purchase tickets at the gate on the day the prices will be higher)
- General Access Day Pass Friday: R50
- General Access Day Pass Saturday or Sunday: R120
- General Access Weekend Pass: R200
- Disabled Access Day Pass Friday: R50 (Assistance is provided)
- Disabled Access Day Pass Saturday or Sunday: R120 (Assistance is provided)
- Disabled Weekend Pass: R 200 (Assistance is provided)
- Kids under 12: Free
- Limited Grid Walk Pass: R75 (Only available for Saturday or Sunday along with access ticket)
- Paddock Hospitality: R1500 (No Early bird option available)
- Sasol Global Touring Cars (GTC) Championship
- V8 Supercars
- V8 Masters
- National & Regional Superbikes
- G&H Transport Extreme Supercars
- Engen Volkswagen Cup
- Investchem Formula 1600 Race Series