Good old flowers and chocolate…
Nothing says “I Love You” like a bunch of red roses. You can always get some flowers and chocolate for your loved one just to let them know how much you care.
If you want to be a little fancier than just getting your significant other Cadburys or Lindt, try some of Honest chocolates truffles or slabs. Better yet, take them to a chocolate tasting at Honest chocolate. At the tasting, you will sample some of their signatures such as… bars, bonbons and spreads. The whole tasting is roughly 30 mins.
Cost: R100 p/p
Open air movie at Spier Wine Estate…
Spier is screening the romantic movie, The Best of Me starring James Marsden and Michelle Monaghan on Saturday 11 February. The movie is about two ex high school sweethearts who reunite after 20 years apart.
You can either take your own basket of treats, go to their deli or pre order baskets with delicious treats including a bottle of Spier’s Secret Sparkling.
Cost: Tickets are R100 p/p and the gourmet baskets including Spier’s Secret Sparkling is R550.
To book a ticket for this event click Here.
Valentine’s Dinner at HQ…
The evening consists of a 3 course meal live entertainments and a welcome drink
(Pierre Jourdan Belle Rose).
A crisp salad of Cos and Iceberg leaves , toasted pine nuts,
parmesan shavings and dressed with a Dijon mustard vinagrette.
250g Sirloin, served with skinny fries & Café de Paris Butter.
Foraged Wild mushrooms sautéed in Café de Paris Butter served with Blue Cheese Crumble and truffle mayonnaise
Trio Sharing Plate of Strawberry Cheese Cake, Dark Chocolate Torte and Orange Parfait
There is also a Prize for best dressed and Ricky Botsis will be performing from 7 – 10pm so, get your dance shoes ready.
Cost: R595 Per Couple.
The 12 Apostles is offering some couples specials for the entire month of February. All packages exclude weekends and public holidays. The three specials are as follows. (All information taken off the 12 Apostles site.)
All special offers include:
- Fresh fruit on arrival
- Use of the health buffet
- Access to temperature controlled plunge pools and salt water floatation pool
The Ultimate in Romance
The ideal Valentines treat, B-Together will nourish your body, heart and soul. Rose quarts, the stone of love, is used to add positive energy to relationships and enhance compassion. Our therapists will craft the perfect massage for you to B-Together with your mind and soul.
Cost: R2500 per couple
Traditional Arabic Rasul For Two
This is a luxurious skin smoothing self treatment which blends mineral rich mud, light gentle steam and rain drops. The mud is self applied to the body hair and face while enjoying a bottle of sparkling wine.
Cost: R1150 per couple.
Dermalogica Skincare Treatment (Not for a couple)
During the month of Love why not spoil your partner with a relaxing Dermalogica skin treatment. Begin your treatment with a face mapping and let our skin therapist select the facial that is perfect for you. Included in this treatment is a relaxing scalp massage to take away any stress and tension.
Cost: R750 Per person.
Click Here to find out more.
Make some bath bombs…
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid
- ½ cup corn flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tsp water
- 6 drops food coloring, optional
- 6 drops essential oil, optional
- Fine mist spray bottle with water, if necessary
- Edible glitter stars or sprinkles or flower petals (optional)
- In a mixing bowl combine corn flour, citric acid and baking soda, being sure to remove all lumps.
- Add in food coloring, melted coconut oil and essential oil and continue to mix.
- Using your spray bottle, spray the mixture 2-3 times and mix, slowly adding more water until the mixture holds it shaped when pressed together.
- Press into silicone molds, making sure to compact them tightly.
- Allow to dry in silicon molds for 12 hours. Once 12 hours is up, remove from molds, and allow to dry an additional 24 hours for a nice hard bath bomb.
- Package nicely and give it to your valentine.
Cost: R90 for 12 small bombs